Business and economic information is not just something that business students need – it affects everyone. Knowing how to find and use business information is a great skill to develop – it shows prospective or current employers that you can do research outside your field of study and demonstrates commitment. It means you can prepare well for interviews and understand and talk knowledgably about the strengths and weaknesses of a company or the challenges faced by a particular sector. In short, it can help you stand out from the crowd by presenting information and facts that others may not have found.
The key sources of financial information, company news and reports can help you to:
- Understand different types of business information
- Find out information on a particular company or industry
- Understand how you can use this information in assignments or to prepare yourself for an interview
One of these resources is MarketLine. A world-leading provider of commercial intelligence, it provides anytime access to a unique & exclusive mix of company, industry, country, city and financial data. This includes:
- Industry profiles, including analysis of factors affecting the sector’s performance, details of the leading companies operating within each country or region, new entrants, key suppliers and levels of competitor rivalry.
- Industry case studies with in-depth analysis of wider ranging issues affecting the subject industry.
- Theme reports looking into topics or megatrends set to have far reaching impact on the world around us.
- Country profiles, providing an in-depth analysis of the world’s top 110 economies.
- Country statistics, enabling users to conduct quick and easy comparative analysis of macroeconomic and industry drivers for over 200 countries.
- Over 70,000 MarketLine authored news articles added to site annually, along with over 200,000 company press releases. These articles help clients to track the latest developments in the industry, understand key trends and growth opportunities in different regions, and analyse the competitive landscape and shape company strategy.
- A record of global information on mergers and acquisitions (M&A); private equity, venture finance, and private placement transactions; IPOs; and partnerships across various industries.
- Influencer tools which identify and track crucial insights from leading digital influencers on the key issues relating to key sectors, issues or themes.
You can see an overview of our business resource portfolio – including MarketLine – in our Business Subject Guide